A Family Lawyer’s Wish List
December 15, 2009
By Emily Matson, Family Law Attorney
The company next door to our firm has a large “wish list” on its door. It got me thinking about what I would wish for not only myself, but for our firm and our clients this holiday.
- A legal administrative assistant to take care of scheduling, filing, and all that good stuff. A small office must make do with the resources it has, but sometimes I miss the structure of a large firm.
- More money for the Minnesota courts and a right to counsel (also called “Civil Gideon”) in family law.
- That every parent going through a divorce attend and learn something from the state-required Parenting After Divorce class.
- For all my unresolved matters to settle so that no one has to pay for the pain of going through a trial.
- A trip to Portland, Oregon, to visit friends.
- A new computer to play World of Warcraft faster!
What’s on your wish list?